A new survey has been conducted in U.S.A. that focused on 1,000 crypto investors in the country. The overall crypto market has been doing well as compared to the last few weeks. However, a slight drop in the prices of the top digital assets was noted today.
Despite the unpredictability of the market, a good number of U.S. investors stated they would not liquidate their crypto assets.
However, let’s find out more details regarding the survey, its outcome and more.
If you are looking to trade Bitcoin, sign-up on Phemex with our link and get a bonus of up to $2,500 on your first deposit. (Bonus may vary based on deposit amount)
More Details of the New Survey
As mentioned above, the newly conducted survey included 1,000 U.S. crypto investors. It revealed that the investors have an average allocation of $1,107 in cryptocurrencies.
- 37% of the respondents stated that they will not dispose of their crypto assets under any circumstance.
- 51% of the investors stated that they would not cash out their crypto even for luxury purchases.
This survey also focused on the generational difference in opinion regarding investment in crypto assets. Based on different generations, here is what the survey revealed:
- People born between 1946 to 1964 (Baby Boomers) have the largest investment in digital assets.
- People born between 1997 to 2012 (Generation Z) have the least investment in cryptocurrencies.
This research not only focused on how many investors would keep their crypto but also explored the factors that influence their crypto decisions.
It was revealed through the survey that people are inclining more and more towards crypto assets. One of the contributing factors is the COVID-19 pandemic. The demand for crypto among U.S. investors is increasing as they plan to increase their crypto investments within a year.
What are the Reasons and Influencing Factors Behind Investors’ Decisions?
According to the outcome of the survey, there are three reasons why crypto investors in the United States are becoming more inclined towards cryptocurrencies.
- Around 75% of the participants are confident that the value of crypto assets will surge in the future.
- 24% of the respondents see digital assets as a great way to get good returns.
- 32% of the investors are inclined towards digital assets to expand their portfolios.
When it comes to the influencing factors that somewhat mold the decisions of the investors, the responses from the participants were quite interesting. Social media is one of the top influencing factors as many people refer to it to make their crypto-related decisions.
- Reddit influences around 34% of the respondents
- Twitter has an influential rate of 26%
- Facebook has an influential rate of 16%
- The influence rate of YouTube is at 23%
As far as influential individuals are concerned, one particular name stood out the most from the rest. Around 35% of the research participants confirmed they are greatly influenced by the opinions, tweets, and statements made by Tesla CEO, Elon Musk.
The crypto market is an unpredictable place, which is why people refer to other popular sources to get an idea of whether they should buy, hold or trade digital assets. However, the results of the survey mentioned above also highlight the significance of cryptocurrencies. Though people have different reasons to invest in digital currencies, it can be seen that the demand for crypto assets is likely to increase with time.
Therefore, if you have also been planning to invest in digital assets make sure you choose some of the top US crypto exchanges.
Up to 50% discount on fees
On the other hand, if you are interested in trading cryptocurrencies such as BTC or ETH with up to 100x leverage, you can choose Bybit. Use this link to sign up and earn a free bonus on your initial deposit.