Where can I trade Bitcoin on leverage? Well, if you are looking for the best Bitcoin trading platforms for crypto leverage trading, you’ve come to the right place. Because, on this page you’ll find the top cryptocurrency exchanges listed and compared to each other. Moreover, all the best Bitcoin trading sites in our list will give you discounts on fees and other bonuses for signing up. So, scroll down the list and choose the best Bitcoin trading platform that suites you.
What To Consider When Choosing A Bitcoin Trading Exchange
Bybit – The Best Bitcoin Trading Exchange?
As you can see in our list of Bitcoin trading exchanges, Bybit exchange is at the top. The reason for this is their low fees and very user friendly website. Most of our readers on this website have switched to Bybit and are very satisfied with the exchange. Consequently, we can happily recommend Bybit both for beginners and professionals. Also, you can read our complete Bybit tutorial for more info.
Choose Your Bitcoin Trading Platform
Certainly, you’ll want to compare the fees between the different crypto leverage exchanges, and also the sign up bonus. Some of the top crypto margin exchanges, like Bybit, have very low fees, and some exchanges have great discounts on fees when you sign up.
Now, most of them will provide the crypto trader with up to 100x leverage, and some a little less. So, scroll though our list of the top Bitcoin and cryptocurrency exchanges to choose the best exchange for you.
Trading Multiple Cryptocurrencies On Margin
You can trade Bitcoin on margin on all of the margin exchanges in the list above. However, you can also trade other cryptocurrencies on them, called altcoins.
Now, on most of these crypto trading exchanges you can trade at least 4-5 cryptocurrencies, but on exchanges like Binance margin, you can trade many more. In fact, Binance recently added margin trading to their exchange after being spot-only before. So, Bitcoin and cryptocurrency traders can now trade crypto with up to 20x leverage on Binance. More info about Binance margin trading can be found in the exchange list above.
Bitcoin Exchange List Scores
In the big list of the best Bitcoin exchanges above, the exchanges have also received a score, based on user experience. Now, these scores between 1-10 were given by a set of industry professionals and full-time crypto & Bitcoin traders. Because, when a Bitcoin trader evaluates a BTC trading exchange, the user experience might in fact be even more important than low fees and big registration bonuses. Thus, things like appearance, costumer support & trade execution are very important to a serious Bitcoin margin trader.
As an example, in the list, you might see that BitMEX received a lower score than Bybit. Now, one of the main reasons for this is that the costumer support on Bybit is maybe the best in the industry. Therefore, Bybit receives a very high score. Also, the fact that BitMEX has occasional problems with “System Overload” pulls down the score as well. Alright, so now you now a little more about how the best Bitcoin trading exchanges in this list get their score.
Best Bitcoin Exchange For Traders In The United States
Because of regulation in the US, Bitcoin leverage trading is generally not allowed for US citizens. However, many Bitcoin traders simply use a VPN to be able to trade on Bitcoin margin exchanges. Actually, you can use a VPN and trade on any Bitcoin exchange from anywhere in the world. In fact, the full-time traders who helped create this Bitcoin leverage exchange list trade from the US using the popular NordVPN. It is very common that US traders use NordVPN in order to trade on these popular crypto leverage exchanges.
The Risk/Reward When Trading Bitcoin With Leverage
Trading Bitcoin with leverage can be extremely rewarding, but is also very risky. This is because, when you use leverage, both your wins and losses are magnified.
Consequently, it is strongly recommended that you use prober risk management when trading. Obviously, Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are in general already quite volatile, so when you apply leverage, there will be risk.
Nonetheless, Bitcoin trading with leverage is a great way to enhance your crypto gains. In fact, even if the Bitcoin price moves down, you can make money. This is done by something called “shorting”. If you want to learn more about how to short Bitcoin on a margin exchange, read our Bybit tutorial.
Top 10 Rules For Bitcoin Leverage Trading
- Don’t Panic: When trading Bitcoin, it’s important to not use your emotions. Most traders lose money when they panic sell or panic buy. Bitcoin trading is very volatile, so make up a plan and stick to it. Don’t let your emotions change your trading plan.
- Don’t Go All In: It is very important to not use too much of your funds when trading. Why? Because if you risk too much, you will have a hard time not getting emotional about your Bitcoin trade. Never hold more than 50% of your holdings on a trading exchange, and never use more than 5% of your exchange balance in a trade.
- Never Be Greedy: If your trade is going in the right direction, you can move up your stop loss into the green. Because, no matter what happens by now you’ll make at least a small profit. So, it’s better to guarantee a 20% win, than to gamble for 40% and risk losing. Learn how to trade Bitcoin and put in a stop loss on Bybit exchange in this Bybit tutorial.
- Learn From Mistakes: All Bitcoin traders, even the professionals, have lost trades many times. Now, the important part is to ALWAYS learn from your mistakes. Because, if you do then your trading mistakes will always make you a better trader.
- Always Use A Stop Loss: This goes without saying, but please always put in a stop loss as you enter a trade. Risk management is extremely important when trading. It’s very easy to use stop-losses on Bybit exchange. In this Bybit tutorial we show you how to use stop losses step-by-step.
- Take A Step Back: Make sure that you are not staring too much on the lower timeframes like the 15 min or the 1 hour. Instead, every now and then you should take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Because, the bigger timeframes are more significant, and identifying the overall trend will help you even in the smaller timeframes.
- Place Order Beforehand: All Bitcoin traders and altcoin traders know that crypto is very volatile. Now, sometimes this creates overloads on the Bitcoin exchanges. So, to circumvent this problem you can put in limit orders in advance, and let them trigger automatically even if you’re not at the computer. If you’ve ever traded Bitcoin on BitMEX exchange then you know how frustrating these overloads can be. If you want to trade on a Bitcoin exchange without system overloads, try Bybit.
- Learn Technical Analysis: This might seem obvious, but make sure to always develop your skills. Everything from learning from your mistakes to reading technical analysis books.
- Set Goals: Set weekly, monthly and even yearly goals. This will help you to see the bigger picture and to always focus on getting better. Because if you build slowly and target 5% per month, then you’ll be growing exponentially. This is because, 5% month over month will create an exponential curve. Eventually, your only problem will be to figure out if you want a green Lambo or an orange one.
- Don’t Gamble: Actually, maybe the most important skill a professional trader has is knowing when NOT to trade. Because, professional trader NEVER gamble, and if they are unsure of a trade, they will not take it. Only enter trades where you’ve made you analysis and you’re certain that you have the odds on your side. Because, this will ensure that you make money over time.
How To Choose Between The Bitcoin Trading Exchanges
There are many Bitcoin trading exchanges out there, too many to test them all. So, this is why we chose the biggest and safest players in the crypto world and put them in our exchange list. But how should you choose in the list? Well, keep reading below, because we will mention a few key points to think about when you’re looking to trade Bitcoin with leverage.
This part is very important and you want to make sure that the exchange you’re choosing has great 24/7 costumer service. Now, all of the Bitcoin margin exchanges above have 24/7 customer service. However, based on Bitcoin traders experience it seems like Bybit is the exchange that is getting the most compliments for its costumer service. Consequently, this is one of the reasons why Bybit exchange has gotten a very high ranking in our list.
This is of course also a very important thing to compare. Now, if you look in our list above, you can see that the trading fees differ a lot from exchange to exchange. Also, it is very important to note that on exchanges like BitMEX and Bybit you will get payed in rebates for trading with limit orders. Certainly, this will give you an edge over other traders in the Bitcoin trading world. If you want to learn how to get these rebates you can read our BitMEX tutorial and our Bybit tutorial.
Sign-up & Deposit Bonuses
This is something that many people overlook. Make sure to always use an affiliate link when signing up to these Bitcoin margin exchanges. The reason for this is that these affiliate links always give you some kind of Bonus. All of our links above in the list are affiliate links, this is how this website in monetised. For example, if you sign up to BitMEX with our link you get 10% off the fees. If you sign up to FTX with our link you’ll get 5% off the fees. Finally, if you sign up to Bybit exchange with our link you’ll receive up to $110 FREE as a deposit bonus.
As you can see in our list, some of these margin exchanges offer 100x leverage when trading Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Now, it’s very important to understand that higher leverage comes with higher risk. So, it is not advisable to use 100x leverage when trading Bitcoin. However, if you are an experienced Bitcoin trader looking for Bitcoin leverage trading above 20x leverage, look in our list. Exchanges like BitMEX, Bybit & Deribit offer 100x Bitcoin leverage trading, while Binance only offers up to 20x leverage at the time of writing this.
This can also be a dealbreaker for some people. Now, most crypto margin exchanges out there are “crypto to crypto” exchanges, but there are also “FIAT to crypto” exchanges out there. If you look in our list above, you can see that exchanges like Binance and PrimeXBT offer credit card as a deposit method. Other exchanges like BitMEX, Bybit, FTX and Deribit are strictly “crypto to crypto” exchanges. So, if you want to trade on these Bitcoin margin exchanges you’ll have to buy Bitcoin first, and then deposit to the exchange. If you’re looking for the best place to buy Bitcoin, read our complete list for buying Bitcoin here.
Info About These Bitcoin Trading Exchanges
Below is some additional information about these Bitcoin trading exchanges that we’ve listed in our extensive list. They are all very similar, because you can trade Bitcoin with leverage on all of them. However, there are small differences that you should consider before choosing your BTC trading exchange.
Bybit exchange was launched in 2018 and is growing extremely fast within the crypto community right now. The reason for this, is probably their amazing 24/7 customer service and user friendly website. Furthermore, there are no system overloads on Bybit, which is a huge advantage over its competitors.
Also, it is obvious that the leadership behind Bybit is pushing the boundaries of what a crypto trading exchange can do. For example, on Bybit exchange you can deposit not only Bitcoin, but also altcoins, and trade with them. Now, this is something that is unique for Bybit exchange right now. Interestingly, the founders of Bybit has an impressive background in companies like Tencent & Morgan Stanley.
On this website we believe that Bybit is most probably going to take the number 1 spot among the Bitcoin trading exchanges. Because, Bybit is simply the best Bitcoin exchange right now, and more and more Bitcoin traders are choosing Bybit every day. Make sure to read our complete Bybit tutorial before trading Bitcoin.
Deribit exchange was founded in 2016 and has always been a very strong competitor in this space. One of the main reasons for why some traders are choosing Deribit for trading Bitcoin is that they offer “options trading”. Other then that, Deribit is very similar to BitMEX and Bybit.
BitMEX fas founded back in 2014 and has been an industry leader for a very long time. However, this seems to be changing right now as more competitors enter the space. Actually, exchanges like Bybit has already had many BitMEX traders move over to them.
The main reason why people are leaving BitMEX exchange is because of the system overloads. To explain further, these system overloads happen in highly volatile moments. In these moments there are many traders trying to put in their orders at the same time. Sadly, the BitMEX platform has historically had a lot of problems dealing with the high volume of traders they have. We hope that this will change in the future, but for now we recommend Bybit exchange for Bitcoin margin trading. However, if you want to trade on BitMEX, you should read our complete BitMEX tutorial.
Binance was founded back in 2017 and has been an industry leader ever since. However, it was not until 2019 that they started offering margin trading for Bitcoin and a few selected altcoins. Only time will tell if Binance will be able to compete with the giants of Bitcoin trading like Bybit and BitMEX. But if you’re looking for an exchange with a lot of recognition, high reputation and a solid user base, then Binance might be a good choice.
Prime XBT was founded in 2018 and is one of the many new crypto trading exchanges trying to compete with the big boys like Bybit and BitMEX. On Prime XBT, you can trade Bitcoin and a few selected altcoins on up to 100x leverage.
One of the most popular exchanges is called Deribit. This is the only Bitcoin exchange that offers Bitcoin options trading. That said, if you are a beginner you should probably go for Bybit. Deribits’ interface is more geared towards professionals. Read our Deribit review for more info.