Cryptocurrencies are all the buzz nowadays and have piqued the interest of major and minor investors and traders all around the world. Investing in digital currencies or trading them come with their pros and cons. However, choosing a suitable exchange can make quite the difference, especially for people who are new to the crypto space.
There is a wide range of crypto exchanges that vary in terms of fee structure, supported digital and fiat currencies, trading tools, and other aspects. Therefore, if you are looking to trade or invest in crypto assets you should know about some of the top exchanges in the market.
Biggest Cryptocurrency Exchanges List
Here is a list of some of the biggest crypto exchanges.
- Binance – World’s largest crypto exchanges
- Coinbase – Most popular biggest crypto exchanges
- Kraken – USA based largest bitcoin exchanges
- KuCoin – Most innovative crypto exchanges
- FTX – The People’s crypto exchanges
Binance is the most popular platform in the market as it is the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange. It was founded in 2017 by Changpeng Zhao in Hong Kong. Since its establishment, it has outshone other platforms in the market and has quickly achieved the rank it is at today.
There are numerous reasons for its popularity that include its security, available trading pairs, and other services. Binance is a centralized exchange and keeps improving its standards to offer more regulated services to the users.
Here are a few major details you should know about this exchange:
- It offers more than 400 trading pairs.
- It uses leading-edge security systems for the utmost safety of users’ funds. These security systems include cold wallets, AI and Forensics Monitoring, Biometric login and two-factor authentication.
- Its user interface is simple and easy to navigate
- The trading interface is of two types, Classic and Advanced. These types make Binance compatible with both beginners and experts, respectively.
- Professional traders can also use the available trading tools.
- There are free guides and tutorials available for new users.
- Binance supports several payment methods including credit/debit cards, wire transfers, PayPal and more.
- It charges one of the lowest fees in the market and follows the market maker and taker model. According to this approach, the maker fee ranges from 0.02% to 0.1% and the taker fee ranges from 0.04% to 0.1%.
- It offers one of the best customer support systems in the market.
- It offers high liquidity as well.
These are some of the highlighting factors of the Binance exchange. However, if you are in the USA you should know that the exchange does not offer services to U.S. citizens. So if you are in the United States of America and want to buy or trade crypto assets you can use Binance U.S.
If you want to opt for Binance, you can click on this link and trade with 20x leverage.
Another good Binance alternative is the SwissBorg exchange. It is not one of the biggest platforms but it is slowly getting recognition on a large scale. SwissBorg allows you to trade Bitcoin and altcoins with low trading fees. Sign up today by clicking on this link to get a bonus of up to €100 on your first deposit.
One of the most popular and largest crypto exchanges in the crypto market is the Coinbase exchange. It is based in the United States and was founded in 2012. It is one of the most trustworthy platforms and is quite popular among crypto investors and traders in the USA.
It is available in more than 100 countries and has more than 43 million verified users. One of the most outstanding aspects of this exchange is that it is a fully regulated and licensed crypto exchange.
Here is what you should know about Coinbase:
- It has its wallet, launched in 2018.
- Users can store their assets in the wallet and have full control over them. Every user also has a private key for their wallets for additional security.
- There are educational videos and online exams offered by the platform that help beginners in learning crypto trading.
- It makes use of cutting-edge security systems to keep users’ funds safe from any kind of cyber failure or threat.
- It offers insurance on crypto assets.
- It supports various payment methods such as PayPal, wire transfers and card payments.
- It charges a slightly higher fee than its competitors in the market but is worth the services the exchange offers.
- As a user of Coinbase, you can choose to trade or invest in any of the 55+ cryptocurrencies available on the platform.
Coinbase is ideal for beginners but it also caters to the needs of the expert traders with the help of its Coinbase Pro version. This version is designed for professional investors and traders and offers advanced features and tools.
You can use this link to sign up with Coinbase and get a bonus of $10.
Claim $10 in Bonus
If you are not in the USA you can also opt for the Bybit exchange. It is one of the top exchanges for trading crypto and allows you to leverage trade Bitcoin. By signing up with this link and making your first deposit, you can receive up to a $1610 bonus! (Bonus may vary based on deposit amount)
Kraken was established in 2011 and is one of the oldest and largest Bitcoin exchanges.
It is a US based crypto exchange and stands out among its competition as it is a professional trading platform. This crypto exchange is one of the most trustworthy platforms and is suitable for both beginners and experts.
Here is what you should know about the Kraken exchange:
- It ensures the safety of users’ funds and makes use of the latest security systems such as two-factor authentication, Kraken Master Key and more.
- It is one of the regulated crypto exchanges in the USA.
- Users are required to complete the KYC requirement to open their accounts. This is like an additional layer of safety.
- As a user of Kraken, you can purchase or trade 50+ digital currencies.
- It charges one of the lowest trading fees in the market. Kraken also follows the maker and taker structure according to which it charges a 0.0200% maker fee and 0.0500% taker fee.
- The customer support system offered by the platform is available around the clock.
- The mobile phone application comes with in-built features, trading tools and functionalities.
- Kraken also supports Forex exchange, staking and futures and margin trading.
- It supports multiple payment methods.
- As a user, you can trade both crypto-to-crypto and crypto-to-fiat pairs.
If you are new to crypto trading in the USA, you can sign up to Kraken and claim up to a 50% discount on your trading fees by clicking this link.
Up to 50% discount on fees
KuCoin is one of the largest crypto exchanges in the market and is known as “The People’s Exchange”. It was founded in 2017 and is now evolved enough to cater to the needs of all types of crypto traders.
KuCoin is one of the most innovative crypto exchanges in the market, thanks to its numerous features and services offered.
Here is what you should know about KuCoin exchange:
- KuCoin offers 100x leverage to the margin traders.
- It uses top-of-the-line security systems such as two-factor authentication and multi-signature offline crypto wallets.
- KYC verification is required if users want to withdraw a large amount of BTC. 100 BTC for verified individual accounts and 500 BTC for verified institutional accounts.
- You can opt for margin or futures trading through the KuCoin exchange.
- You can also buy or trade a preferred crypto asset from the available 200+ digital currencies.
- The exchange also supports crypto lending and a free trading bot.
- Supported payment methods include credit or debit cards.
- The platform does not charge a deposit fee but charges around 0.0005BTC on withdrawing Bitcoin.
- It supports several order types, including the advanced order types.
- KuCoin’s customer support team is experienced and is available to assist the users 24/7.
- The exchange also has a mobile application, available for both Android and iOS users.
KuCoin is one of the biggest crypto exchanges in the market, however, it is not available for crypto investors or traders in the USA. Therefore, if you are a U.S. resident you can look for other crypto exchanges, some of which are mentioned above.
If you are interested in spot trading you can sign up with KuCoin using this link and trade with 100x leverage.
FTX exchange is yet another platform in the list of the largest crypto exchanges in the market. This platform is quite prominent as it was created by crypto traders for the crypto traders.
FTX was established in 2017 and is a versatile and powerful trading platform. It supports a wide array of leveraged tokens and indices.
Here are some details to know about the advanced trading platform.
- It makes use of technological security systems such as two-factor authentication and cold wallet storage.
- There are around 45 tokens available on the platform.
- The FTX exchange also offers 101x leverage to the traders.
- You can also trade tokenized stocks on the exchange.
- If you are an institutional or professional trader you can also opt for the FTX OTC Desk option.
- FTX exchange charges one of the lowest fees in the market and follows the market maker and taker approach, 0.02% maker fee and 0.05% taker fee.
- The users are not required to pay any withdrawal or deposit fee.
- The desktop version of the trading platform comes with in-built features and has a user-friendly interface.
- The mobile application is also easy-to-use and is available for Android and iOS users.
- You can also use the in-built indicators and trading tools offered by the FTX exchange.
FTX is one of the biggest Bitcoin exchanges. However, if you are in the USA you can look for some other exchanges as FTX does not offer services to customers in the United States.
By using this link to sign up with FTX, you can get 5% off on your fees.
Get 5% off fees
The biggest crypto exchanges offer different kinds of services and features that might not necessarily be according to your requirements. This is why you should always take your time and get to know about different exchanges and features they offer. You can analyze their pros and cons and determine whether they are compatible with your needs and requirements or not. The above-mentioned details of some of the largest crypto exchanges can also help you identify which exchange is suitable for you to buy or trade crypto.